Skip to main content

Permit(s) needed for a Fish Hatchery

Permit(s) needed for a Fish Hatchery

Revised On: Apr. 23, 2024 - 4:00 p.m.

A fish hatchery is a place for artificial breeding, hatching, and rearing through the early life stages of animals, finfish and shellfish in particular.

You may need all or some of the following permits:

  • 1.08 GP: Toilet or Privy: Type 1 General Permit: No notification is required; however, best management practices (BMPs) must be followed.
  • 2.01 GP: Drywells that Drain Areas with Hazardous Substances | Learn More > 
  • 2.03 GP: Hydrologic Tracer Studies | Learn More > 
  • 2.06 GP: Fish Hatchery Discharge to a Perennial Surface Water | Learn More > 
  • If you discharge pollutants into US waters, you may need an AZDPES Individual Permit | Learn More > 

Air Quality Permit Liaison
           Ph: 602-771-2338
          Email >

Water Quality Permit Liaisons
         For: Groundwater
                Ph: 602-771-0175
                Email >
         For: Drinking Water
               Ph: 602-771-7570
         For: Surface Water
                Ph: 602-771-1440
                Email >

Waste Permit Liaisons
         For: Solid and Biohazardous
                Ph: 602-771-4136
                Email >
         For: Hazardous Waste
                Ph: 602-771-0349
                Email >
         For: USTs
                Ph: 602-771-4196
                Email >