Skip to main content

Facilities Report a Spill

Emergency Response Unit (ERU)

Spill Reporting for Facilities

Revised On: April 2, 2024 - 6:53 p.m.

ADEQ manages a Spill Line for facilities to report releases to the environment as required by federal or state guidelines.

Please have the information below ready for reporting:

  • Your Name
  • Contact information
  • Company name
  • Facility Name 
  • Description of substance spilled
  • Quantity of spill
  • Location of spill
  • Any other relevant details (remediation, 5-day report, etc.)

How to Report:

Sanitary Sewer Overflow (SSO) or Bypass Events

Initial notification of SSOs or bypass events can be made to ADEQ by calling our designated Spill Line (602-771-2330) and leaving a message.

Five-day written reports for SSO and bypass reporting is done in our online portal, myDEQ | Go to myDEQ > 

EPCRA Reportable Quantity Releases

If your facility has had a release meeting Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA) criteria (Section 304), please follow ADEQ’s Emergency Release Guidelines for notification | Learn More > 

Please note that a spill of any quantity impacting a waterway within Arizona must be reported. If in doubt, report the spill.

Other Releases

If you are a citizen reporting an environmental complaint (such as an oil spill that has not been cleaned up), please fill out ADEQ's online complaint form or call the applicable complaint line found here: | Complaint Form/Complaint Line by Category > 

Need Assistance?

Report SSO or Bypass Event >


Spill Line for Facilities