On March 2, 2023, the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) approved the revised Public Water System Supervision (PWSS) Program under the federal Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA) by adopting regulations to implement the federal Revised Total Coliform Rule (RTCR). Any interested party may request a public hearing from EPA on this determination.
Public Notice Information
EPA has determined that this revision by the State of Arizona is no less stringent than the corresponding federal regulations and otherwise meets applicable SDWA primacy requirements. Accordingly, EPA intends to approve this revision as part of the State of Arizona's PWSS Program.
Public Notice in Federal Register | View >
ADEQ's Primacy Revision | Download >
You may also review the above documentation in person at the ADEQ Record Center | Learn How >
Public Hearing Request
A request for a public hearing must be submitted to EPA by April 1, 2023, to the Regional Administrator of EPA Region 9 | Email >
Hearing requests must include:
- Subject line: "State Primacy Rule Determination"
- Name, address and telephone number of the individual or entity requesting a hearing
- A brief statement of the requesting person's or organization's interest in this determination
- A brief statement of the information that the requester intends to submit at such hearing
- Signature of the individual making the request or, if made on behalf of another entity, the signature of a responsible official
The Regional Administrator may deny frivolous or insubstantial requests for a hearing. If a substantial request for a public hearing is made by April 1, 2023, EPA Region 9 will hold a public hearing. If EPA Region 9 does not receive a timely and substantive request for a hearing and the Regional Administrator does not elect to hold a hearing on her own motion on the determination at issue in this notice, EPA's approval will become final and effective on April 1, 2023, and no further public notice will be issued.