Conn-Selmer, Inc. | Hazardous Waste Site
1310 W Fairway Dr.
Nogales, AZ 85621
Contaminants of Concern (COCs):
- Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) including TCE, 1,1,1,-TCA, 1,1-DCE, cis 1,2 DCE, 1,1-DCA, , vinyl chloride
- Heavy metals (cadmium, chromium, nickel)
What are My Health Risks:
For Soil | There is little to no health risk unless there is contact with skin or ingestion of contaminated soil.
For Groundwater | If you are connected to a public water system (PWS) there is little to no risk of impact from exceedances because the water is filtered through the PWS for residential and business use. | View Drinking Water Notices >
If you have a private well in the vicinity of the exceedance, we encourage you to test the well water.
Not sure what to test for? | Learn More >
The site is contaminated with VOCs due to storage operations conducted from 1966 through 1985. Conn-Selmer, Inc. (CSI) (formerly United Musical Instruments, Inc.) operates a “pump and treat” system to remove VOCs from the groundwater. The treated groundwater is then sent to an offsite impoundment for reuse by the City of Nogales.
- Final Closure Report – August 1986
- RCRA Facility Assessment – 1987
- EPA Preliminary Assessment – March 1996
- Interim Remediation Plan – June 1998
- Post-closure Plan – March 2009
- Corrective Action Permit – June 2009