ADEQ is holding this webinar to provide an overview of the rules and regulations as they pertain to handling and disposal of biohazardous medical waste. Biohazardous medical waste generators1 will view a presentation on the rules and regulations pertaining to biohazardous medical waste in Arizona. Generators may include: medical offices and clinics, veterinarians, dentists, schools, testing labs, tattoo shops, aesthetician facilities, cremation services, medical examiners, crime scene cleanup services, health care services, hospice services and more.
Date: Feb. 16, 2023
Time: 12 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Location: Online via GoToWebinar | Register >
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Meeting topics will include:
- Legal requirements (review of best management practices for the storage, transportation, handling, and record keeping)
- Review of new regulations that went into effect on January 4, 2022
- Rules and technology allowing for onsite treatment of biohazardous medical waste
- Onsite sharps destruction and drug disposal
- Q&A for biohazardous medical waste transporters, generators, and treatment facilities
By the end of this webinar, generators will be able to verify that biohazardous medical waste transporters are properly registered with ADEQ. Generators will also gain knowledge of the requirements for biohazardous medical waste transporters in order to help generators select transporters with which to conduct business. This will include how to identify potential concerns and how to report to ADEQ when generators observe potential violations.
1 As defined in Arizona Administrative Code R18-13-1401 (15) | View >