If you are a new or used car dealer, or own or lease a fleet of vehicles, you may apply for a Fleet Station Permit to perform necessary emissions inspections on-site, eliminating the need to transport vehicles to a state-run Emissions Inspection Station.
Is My Facility Eligible?
Basic eligibility requires a facility to:
- Maintain an established place of business for the repair and maintenance of the applicant's fleet of vehicles
- Obtain approved machinery, tools and equipment to adequately conduct the required emissions inspections
- Employ properly trained and licensed personnel to perform the necessary labor
- Agree to provide data as needed
- Test more than 25 vehicles in a calendar year
How Do I Apply for this Permit?
Online with ADEQs e-permiting and e-compliance portal, known as myDEQ | Learn More >
Do Fleet Station Permits Expire?
Fleet Station Permits do not expire. However, the permit can be suspended, revoked or civil penalties can be imposed if the fleet owner or employees do any of the following:
- Violate any provision of Arizona Revised Statute Title 49, Chapter 3, Article 5 or Arizona Administrative Code Title 18, Chapter 2, Article 10
- Misrepresent material facts in obtaining a fleet permit
- Fail to make, keep and submit pertinent records to the Department
- Fail to provide a state inspector access to the information required by law
Looking for additional tools and guidance for Emissions Inspectors/Agents? | View Tool Box >