Healthy Beach Habits
Arizona is a beautiful state providing recreators with iconic landscapes ranging from the Grand Canyon’s mighty Colorado River to the Red Rocks of Sedona’s meandering Oak Creek to appreciate. Getting outdoors and enjoying nature is part of a healthy lifestyle.
- Don't swim or do any water-related activity within 48 hours of a major storm
- Don't swim or do any water-related activity if there is an algal bloom.
- Avoid swimming if you have open cuts or wounds.
- Avoid submerging your head under water.
- Don't swallow beach water.
- Wash your hands before you eat or drink after doing any water-related activity.
- Properly dispose of diapers. (Pack them out!)
- Pick up and properly dispose of your dog's waste.