Permit(s) needed for Medical Waste Facility

A medical waste facility are where all waste materials generated from health care facilities, such as hospitals, clinics, physician's offices, dental practices, blood banks, and veterinary hospitals/clinics, as well as medical research facilities and laboratories.

You may need all or some of the following permits:

 If you have a waste or TSDF facility, you may need a Solid Waste Facility Plan Approval | Learn More >

 If you have biohazardous medical waste, you may need an Alternative Medical Waste Treatment Technology Registration | Learn More >

 If you have hazardous waste to dispose of, may need a Hazardous Waste EPA ID Number Learn More >

 1.08 GP: Toilet or Privy: “Type 1 General Permit: No notification is required, however, best management practices (BMPs) must be followed.”

 2.01 GP: Drywells that Drain Areas with Hazardous Substances Learn More >

 2.03 GP: Hydrologic Tracer Studies | Learn More >

 3.01 GP: Lined Impoundments | Learn More >

  If you have a drywell, you may need a Drywell Registration Learn More >